Thomas W. Shaddox
Some contact information redacted. References available upon request.
Experience & Accomplishments
ResNet Developer, Missouri State University Dept. of Residence Life and Services
August 2009 to present.
- Engineered large web applications, including a trouble ticket system, an issue tracker, and a campus-wide database for housing reservations and billing during the summer.
- Worked alone and in development teams of 2-5.
- Met with clients to establish software specifications and developed incrementally based on feedback.
- Used version control systems, issue trackers, and code testing frameworks.
- Maintained and documented legacy web applications.
- Quickly learned and utilized new technologies, languages, and frameworks (see Skills).
Computer Technician, Mexico Public Schools (Mexico, Missouri)
August 2004 to August 2006; part time. August 2006 to December 2007; full time.
- Deployed new workstations, troubleshooted hardware and software problems, and conducted equipment inventories for the district’s seven buildings.
- Resigned in December 2007 to enroll as full time student for the Spring 2008 semester.
- Experienced in C, Java, Python, and PHP. Familiar with Lua and C++. Currently exploring Scheme and Ruby.
- Frameworks: Fluent in Django and jQuery. Familiar with Google Web Toolkit and YUI.
- Environments/Editors: Eclipse, Emacs, and vi.
- Version Control Systems: Git, Bazaar, and Subversion.
- Familiar with all versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Experienced with Linux; familiar with several server and desktop distributions.
- B.S. Computer Science, Missouri State University.
Mathematics Minor. Expected May 2011.
- GPA 3.24.
- Scored 184 on the MFAT, in the >95th percentile nationwide.
Last Updated December 18, 2010.